Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wall Art Project

I've finished a wall art project to hang over my bed and I love how it turned out.



I needed something over my bed so I went to Hobby Lobby and found that their framed wall art wa 50% off. The frames were 12 x 12 and the edges were already painted black which I knew would be just what I needed to match my bed. All I had to do was cover the printed surface with my choice of scrapbook paper. I chose papers from Simple Stories - Generations, which I purchased from The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie, Texas. These papers match my comforter perfectly.

All I did was Mod Podge the paper over the printed square surface, let it dry, add my embellishments and hang on the wall. Easy!






If I can do this, you can, too. Just look around for the best deal on the frames. Some frames are way too expensive, especially when you can find them cheaper if you just look around.

Have fun!
Deanna

No comments: